The authors of the book “Better Capitalism”, Aaron Hedges and Paul Knowlton, suggest that true wealth should be achieved by providing equal opportunities for one and all, without resorting to a system where an individual’s success depends on the poverty of another.
Through this challenge in seeking a fair society without exploitation of a capitalist society, Aaron and Paul will boldly layout the things that we can do in order to achieve this triumph.
It’s a two-part episode so don’t miss out!
What we learned from Aaron Hedges and Paul Knowlton in this episode:
- What exactly is true wealth?
- The biggest obstacles that people face on the path to true wealth.
- Mutualism – what does it really mean? Their book, “Better Capitalism”, will provide a deeper dive into its meaning.
- The positive side of the Ayn Rand piece.
- The trigger point of the being a “Capitalist Society” — Paul shares a little history of how we became a capitalist society.
- Did the current metrics ruin capitalism? Using Aaron and Paul’s book and our history, let’s take a look at the new metrics they suggest.
- Amazon’s internal problems.
00:00 – Intro
01:51 – Aaron and Paul discuss true wealth in its truest form.
06:04 – Paul describes the meaning of mutualism in the context of their book, “Better Capitalism”.
08:06 – Aaron explains why they include references to multiple people with differing perspectives in their book.
09:38 – Paul talks about the reason why “Adam Smith” is his favorite.
11:34 – Aaron discusses the positive side of the Ayn Rand piece that generated a lot of negative feedback.
14:41 – Paul and Aaron tell us how we went from a capitalist economy to a capitalist society.
20:47 – Aaron and Paul discuss how we should integrate the new metric system in order to change the way we do business.
26:21 – Aaron talks about the reason why wrote the book “Better Capitalism” — A system that has very much to offer.
28:22 – Paul mentions Amazon and his concern about the company.
31:01 – Outro